More About UsSPARK Ministry provides women living in long-term, faith-based recovery centers, a weekend retreat they will never forget. We offer residents a weekend filled with dynamic Bible Study, praise and worship, gifts of love and encouragement, meals, fun filled outings and lots of laughter. Throughout the weekend, relationships are built; walls of separation, discouragement, and hopelessness begin to fall as these women experience Christ's love through the hands and hearts of the SPARK Ministry volunteers.
What We Believe
- The Bible<
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of mankind, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- The Trinity
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Person and Work of Jesus Christ
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He is completely God and completely man. He lived a sinless life, and He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Father, He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
- The Holy Spirit
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men and women, give life to the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- Mankind and Sin
- We believe that men and women were created in the image of God but fell into sin and are therefore separated from God both physically and spiritually and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe in salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. That He paid for our sins, not based on human merit, works, or religious ceremony. We believe that anyone who has placed their faith in Christ is eternally secure, has everlasting life, will not come into condemnation, and shall never perish. We believe that assurance comes to the believer from three primary sources: trusting the Word of God’s promises, the witness of the Holy Spirit, and a persevering walk with the Lord.